land of the pine

this is almost a follow up to the last blog. once again speaking on NC. i have never felt that nc would be a place to live in my adulthood but i have apparently been selling my state short. i'll probably give a longer more thought out explanation of things later....but as far as cool things go we have a lot there. maybe the mountains arent quite as big, and the lakes are a little smaller, the rivers and beaches elsewhere are just as nice, buuuut you dont have to drive 5-7 hours to get from one to the other in nc. ocean, lake, mountain, etc. are all within at most a couple hour drive. i love it. i now really like my state. just so you know.

2 comments:

  1. Kevin I know what you mean! When my husband and I moved to Oklahoma last year, I felt like I couldnt get away from North Carolina (we actually lived in south, but they are the same) fast enough. I knew that if I never saw another 1,000 foot pine tree again I would be fine. I hated the sandy dirt. I hated the insane green and yellow pollen...

    (let me say that I was REALLY looking forward to being away from the pines. then when we get to oklahoma there is a pine growing directly outside my bedroom window. mind you, it's totally different than the east coast/southern ones...but hows that for irony)

    Anyway- when we went back to visit NC again, I was blown away by how beautiful the pine trees were...even if they block the sunset, I misssed my sandy dirt and the insane humidity..

    All this to say, I know exactly what this blog was talking about. I coulda just said that and ended but I'm a girl of many words...

    Also does this mean you are back in NC and finished with the road trip already?

     
  2. i thought you'd like this.

    Since August 2005, We Feel Fine has been harvesting human feelings from a large number of weblogs. Every few minutes, the system searches the world's newly posted blog entries for occurrences of the phrases "I feel" and "I am feeling". When it finds such a phrase, it records the full sentence, up to the period, and identifies the "feeling" expressed in that sentence.

    http://www.wefeelfine.org/

    click "open we feel fine"