birfday confessions:

1. yesterday was my birthday and i still haven't signed into facebook.  i'm scared of what i'm going to find on my wall.  ok, i'm not scared really.  it's like i've taken one of my christmas presents from beneath the tree and hidden it somewhere in my room with the intention of forgetting it.  such that, in a few weeks when i stumble across it again, i get the delight of receiving a random and unexpected gift.


2. i have a riveted belief in the idea that sharing a birthday with Regina Spektor, Dr. Dre, and...ahem...Molly Ringwald really does make me a cooler human being all around.  really.

3. apparently i say "birfday".

4. back to facebook:  i find it sickening that when i look down the list of birfday posters to my wall (in my inbox, because, again, i have yet to actually visit my wall) i can be angry at people.  good and real actual friends who didn't happen to be on facebook on my birfday, and thusly didn't post anything on my wall have become the brunt of my irrational disdain.  some unfortunate portion of my brain sees that so-and-so posted to my wall, and that one guy i met that one time at that party for that other guy, and the girl from that one class i took in middle school when i lived not here...wait, when did she get out of purgatory!? anyway, with posts from those unknown fringy friends (no, no...don't worry...no, i don't mean you) how can i let a real friend get away with not having any cliche and generic things to say to me on my freaking birfday!

5. er...i never post on anyone's wall on their birthday.  (i hope you're not irrationally mad at me for not seeing the notice on my home page.  i mean, why would you want some generic birthday message anyway...it's so cliche.)

6. if you did call me or post to my wall...i miss you and i will try to call you back...sorry if i take a while...it's no reflection on how much your heartfelt well-wishes are genuinely appreciated.

0 comments: