cold front

our house is an igloo. i just took a couple of cans of coke out of the pantry to put in the fridge...only to realize they were already the same temperature as the cans that had been in the fridge all day. my only sanctuary is the hot water in the shower (minus the getting out part), sitting in front of the tiny space heater that my roommate just bought, or laying in my bed. in fact, leaving my bed is now the most difficult part of my day because it means i have to walk the few feet to the closet to get my sweater. i just got my winter hat out of the winter clothing bag and as soon as i can get back to fayetteville i'm getting my gloves. when i just couldn't stand it anymore this afternoon i went outside...because it's warmer there. why is all this happening. apparently our house is hemorrhaging heat. the last occupant's winter electric bills were not pretty. so we're fighting the good fight for as long as we can. on that note, i need to get my smartwools up here. layer, layer, layer...and hang out next door where they keep the heat on. i can't feel my nose. ugh.

0 comments: