part failure, part success

while i never did fully reach christmas spirit in my brief attempt to attain full fledged deeply moving holiday cheer, i did have some success in a spiritual sense. After a few days spent focussed on jesus and his birth it would be hard to not start evaluating my own relationship with him. thus i think i was on the right track with my holiday plan. the full weight of christmas was not really ever felt but i think i am still moving toward it though the day is behind us now. why? well, ironically, i think that my relationship with god has been helped by the whole comercial gift giving side of things. my parents got me a new ipod for christmas given that my old one broke a few months back. since that afternoon, once i got all my songs loaded up, i have been rocking out to worship music like a fiend. passion songs, shane and shane, crowder...its great. after half a year stuck with talk shows on the radio in the morning i can now drive to work singing music i love praising my god. i love it. and god might too. so anyway to sum up on my experiment i think i've turned a corner thanks to the ipod and am now moving back toward a better and deeper relationship overall with the big guy.

0 comments: