longing...

it's been one of those nights. it's funny how they come out of nowhere. things are going along fine and then all of a sudden youre struck with a longing for something more. james is gone for the week on a spring break trip to louisiana to help with continued katrina relief efforts. i am therefore here alone. i dont know what happens when you grow up but something about it has left me frightened of being left alone, just me and my thoughts. i remember back when i was a kid i loved silence. i would lay in the back yard for hours staring up into the clouds and soaking up the beauty. now silence scares me. if i'm alone i keep music going constantly. anything to aviod facing my conscious, my god, the hurts, the junk that has filled up my head in the time between that backyard and now. if i could have one thing tonight it would be peace with a past i may never understand and with a future that i cannot see, peace with a god who has already handed it to me, and a release from the things i grasp there in the corners of my mind. i would wave goodbye to doubt and fear and lay back with nothing weighing on my mind to the sweet sound of silence and think only of the beauty of my god. in the meantime i'll fall asleep once more with a song..."and we watch and wait and do nothing but sigh and hope everything is gonna turn out right"

0 comments: