movie and life review

i went to see 300 tonight with a few guys. it being opening night was pretty cool and it was pretty freaking packed. but all of my excitement was not disapointed, the movie was great and i've now got the urge to go fight someone...but not really i dont want to get hurt. i am though left with this overwhelming respect and admiration, as i am after any movie where people fight for something they believe, for the spartains. there is something so amazing about people with such a strong sense of honor and courage and duty and all that good stuff that they would never compromise what they believe. i am so jealous of it sometimes. i look at my own life and the things i believe. ie everything about christ and god and i wish that i was so uncompromising. i mean its not that there are large glaring failures in my relationship with god but the fact is that i fail all the time in little ways, and going against my god on little stuff when i want my own way is just as bad as doing something big. so there's a new prayer for myself. i want to be as uncompromising and as passionate about remaining true to my god as those guys on the big screen are about staying true to each other and their way of life. thanks sparta.

0 comments: